Frequently Asked Questions

Who is the legal guardian of a child born out of wedlock?2019-03-13T14:00:37-04:00

The mother of a child born out of wedlock is the guardian of the child. The birth certificate does not establish maternity.

Learn more about paternity.

Can I modify my parenting plan and time sharing agreement?2019-03-13T13:48:39-04:00

In order to modify a parenting plan and a time sharing agreement, the moving party, or the party wanting the change the agreement, has the burden of proving the “substantial change in circumstances”. A substantial change in circumstances is not met when there are disagreements between the parties or a less than cordial relationship.

Learn more about modification.

Am I responsible for my spouse’s liabilities?2019-03-13T13:52:04-04:00

Yes. Until you file you are equally responsible for your spouse’s liabilities.

Learn more about money and divorce.

Ask Jeannette!

Send us your question. She will get back to you quickly.
We may even add your question and answer to our website.

    Take the next step. Contact Jeannette today!

    Call to schedule your appointment.

    Go to Top